I know, I know, I’ve been remiss in getting these out regularly but here in 2019 I’m making a push to get more feature content out. And in this issue of Worth Reading we have some really good stuff.
So, let’s hit the jump and take a look at what’s Worth Reading!
- First up – Jon at Jon Spencer Reviews celebrates the first anniversary of one of the more amazing community efforts I’ve ever seen – Jon’s Creator Showcase. Organized and hosted each month by a different blogger, the Creator Showcase is a look at the best this community has to offer. Sure, there’s a lot of “best of” posting out there (I mean, you’re reading one such right now!) – but the rotating host gives a wide variety of what viewoints of what is “the best”.
- If you’re on Twitter – you can follow the hashtag $TheJCS for regular updates on the Showcase.
- Recently Karandi wrote And With This Monologue I do Progress the Plot, a fun look at an often overused narrative device. What devices do you thing are overused?
- Scott at Mechanical Anime Reviews is celebrating his third blogaversary – a significant milestone! As part of a series he posted celebrating his accomplishment he wrote a though provoking essay: Build a blog? You’re also building a brand. I have to say, that’s something I need to get a lot better at myself.
- One constant in Worth Watching is looking back at older anime, a reminder that there’s more than this season’s hits and FOTM. Recently Karandi tweeted a link to her well done review of Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar). Airing back in 2016, Grimgar is an isekai series that’s well worth watching for its unusual approach to the genre. Check out the review for more information.
And there you have it! The first Worth Reading of the new year! If you have any thoughts or comments, be sure and let the creators know. Feel free to drop me a line below if the spirit moves you.