A new feature for the Lounge! I’ve sometimes collected these snippets and put them down at the end of the weekly reviews, but they’ve never seemed to fit well there. So, instead I’m going to collect them in their own weekly post. Episodic and current anime links will continue to be in the weekly post because that’s where they fit best.
Some weeks there might be less than others, or maybe no posting at all, but so it goes.
A shout out goes to Jon at Jon Spencer Reviews for helping me brainstorm the title.
- First up – a link I post with a lump in my throat… Mage in a Barrel is ending regular posting. As I’ve said before, Bless was the inspiration for starting this blog and has long been a mainstay of my anime reading, so this is a sad thing indeed. Though, knowing Bless, he won’t be able to stop posting entirely for any length of time. But, ya gotta follow your bliss. Good luck Bless!
- Over at Shinyuu, Yukinocake posts a wonderful review of the Orange manga. If you haven’t read the manga or seen the anime, both are available on Crunchyroll and I highly recommend them. Of the two, I slightly prefer the manga as the anime has some pacing issues.
- The Weekend Otaku examines the animation quality of the shows he’s following for the Summer 2017 season. I don’t think he gives Abyss the credit it deserves, but it’s still interesting reading.
- Over at Hag’s Un-profound Adventure she posts Shirobako, New Game, Stella, Seiyuu: Workin’ it out, an interesting article on the intersection of CGDCT and girls at work.
- Lita at Lita Kino Anime Corner posts on the value (or lack thereof) of seasonal hype and balancing that with with your own judgement. For my part, I try not to be swept up in it… but I don’t ignore it either. It’s just one more data point in evaluating whether or not to watch a show.
Hit the jump to see the ‘other stuff’ below the fold!