Parts of this are written in my inimitable grumpy snarky old man style, because for one reason and another I feel like a grumpy snarky old man today. Tried to expunge most of it, because as fun as it is to write, it’s gotta be fatiguing to read.
Anyhow, all-in-all it wasn’t a bad a week of anime – a few bad spots, a few dull spots, some fun spots, some laughs… Let’s hit the jump and see how the week went!
Continue reading “Winter 2018 – Week 2”
Just a quick note to let folks know what the next week will look like…
- I’m still plugging away on my season review for last season (Fall 2017). It’ll be late, but by gum I’m determined to actually get one out this season. Look for it over the weekend! (He says, crossing his fingers.)
- Considering the overall schedule, it looks like Wednesday is still the best day for my weekly post. So, look for a post next week with the balance of the Winter 2018 premieres and the second episode of everything else.
- However, I don’t want to be a week behind on A place further than the Universe like I was on Konohana Kitan last season… So for the balance of this season, I’ll be bailing early on my usual Tuesday social night so I can watch it with my lovely wife. (Watching it without her is only an option in extremis.)
- One week, I will end up a week behind because I’ve still got the Tuesday late night photoshoot coming up. (It keeps getting postponed due to weather.)
- The Yamato 2199 Groupwatch post will still be on Friday.
Thanks for reading, thanks for being patient!
Bonus Kumiko picture, because why not?
A small batch, but I want to get them out of they way so I can get back to work on the Fall season review. Even if it’s late or it kills me, I will get that out. Though basically taking Saturday to chill after getting two posts out on Fri didn’t help much…
Anyhow, let’s hit the jump and take a look at Citrus, Katana Maidens, and Slow Start shall we?
Continue reading “Winter 2018 First Impressions (Part II)”
And the new season is well underway! Two solid standout shows, one meh, one drop…
Which shows are which? Hit the jump and see!
Continue reading “Winter 2018 First Impressions (Part I)”
Yes, I know, it’s a Christmas song. And playing Christmas songs after the holiday season is rather tasteless… But once the title popped into my head, I couldn’t get it out except by using it.
Anyhow, hit the jump and let’s take a look at a few of the shows I’m anticipating for Winter 2018! Continue reading “Waiting on a winter wonderland… Anticipating Winter 2018!”
A quick post to wish everyone a happy New Year and to look forward over the next week or so…
- The normal weekly Wednesday post will be delayed until Saturday or Sunday for two reasons:
- I want to include the YuYu finale.
- If the weather holds, I’ll be out very late Tuesday night on a night photography shoot with the photo club. We’re planning on light painting a lighthouse up at the north end of the County.
This is an experimental light painting I did a few years back:
If you click through on the photograph there’s more about my process and tools.
- Depending on how things go, I should have a Winter 2018 anticipation post up Wednesday or Thursday
In closing a New Year’s Eve haiku I wrote a few years back:
witching hour tolls
Happy New Years!