This should be fun and different! A little while back, there was a thing going around on Twitter about making a Bingo card with your favorite anime theme songs… And I’ve decided to turn it into a bit of a contest here at the Lounge.
Hit the jump, read about the contest and see what you could win!
Continue reading “Favorite Anime OP’s & OP Bingo contest! – Introduction”
Honestly, I think it’s time to pull the plug on weekly coverage this season… Ever since my hiatus (due to family emergency) back at the beginning of the season, I haven’t been able to get my feet under me… And after the press of a busy holiday weekend and the upcoming Medieval Faire the prospects for doing so before the end of the season look increasingly dim.
Not to worry though! I’m not going anywhere. I’m going to spend the time working on some feature content… I’ve still got this season’s Looking Back post, some tag posts I’ve been meaning to get to forever, and a five part special to finish. (Which I think you’ll like!) I also have a long awaited update to my anime playlist post.
I’ll be busy and I won’t long be absent from your screen. Look forward to it!
Have to fly to East coast for a family funeral, and won’t return until next week, so I’ll be on hiatus for up two to three weeks. (Depending on how long it takes me to catch up and get back in my groove when I get back.)
Well, I guess sticking to it pays off – today is officially the Lounge‘s second birthday!
I’d originally planned a much longer entry in the more traditional style… all about the stats and stuff, but what the h_ll. Nobody wants to read all that stuff anyhow. Right?
And besides, that makes it all about me… and it’s not all about me after all. It’s also all about the readers, commenters, folks who’ve linked to me, folks who’ve retweeted my posts… all the folks (and they’re way too many to list) who work so hard to make me look better than I am. Without all of you, there’d be no community. Without all you do, this community wouldn’t rock as hard as it does.
A huge heartfelt thank you goes out to all of you!
Ok, speech over – time to paaaar-tay! The bar is open and drinks are on the house!
Like most of us, I don’t obsess over stats. Doesn’t mean I don’t pay attention though. Checking them today (when I should be working on tomorrow’s post) I found pleasant news indeed. Sometime in the last couple of weeks, my total views and visitors for 2018 blew past the total for all of 2017!
Even more surprising… I was convinced that my output was down for the year. But with almost all of a quarter left to go, I’m closing in on last year’s total.
(And when I went searching, I did not expect to find an AMV using a disco era song… But there it is. So you get to watch an AMV rather than a disco era music video.)
Just for today, it’s an open bar here at the Lounge! Drinks are on the house!
Stressing over Working on my notes this morning for this week’s post, I had something of an epiphany… Continue reading “Site news – Style change and a semi-hiatus.”
After being out very late on Tuesday night on a club photo-shoot, I felt like crap on Wednesday and decided to delay my weekly posting to Thursday… Then on Thursday, I realized that there was only 4 finales left to cover. (Rokuhoudou, Tada-kun, My Hero Academia, and SAOA:GGO.) So, the Week 12 post will be delayed to Sunday or Monday to wrap up all the remaining finales in one post.
So, looking forward here’s what my posting schedule looks like for the next week or so.
- Later today: Summer 2018 Preview.
- Sun or Mon: Spring 2018 – Week 12.
- Late next week or early the week after: Spring 2018 Season Review.
- Starting next week: Summer 2018 First Impressions.
Wednesday of next week is a holiday, and we’re busy the next weekend (the 7th/8th) and that will likely affect the timing of my Review and First Impressions posts.
I got motivated, and most of the useful images from the photo shoot are already edited, so I’ll also have a “Recent Photography” post up soon.
Thanks for reading, see you soon with more actual content!
The things I do when I should be working on other things…
Presenting – The Apprentice Mages Lounge on Tumblr! I just set the connection up, so there’s not much there yet… But all future posts will be cross posted.
If you have a Tumblr, be sure and follow – and let me know down in the comments so I can follow you back!
Just a quick note to let folks know what the next week will look like…
- I’m still plugging away on my season review for last season (Fall 2017). It’ll be late, but by gum I’m determined to actually get one out this season. Look for it over the weekend! (He says, crossing his fingers.)
- Considering the overall schedule, it looks like Wednesday is still the best day for my weekly post. So, look for a post next week with the balance of the Winter 2018 premieres and the second episode of everything else.
- However, I don’t want to be a week behind on A place further than the Universe like I was on Konohana Kitan last season… So for the balance of this season, I’ll be bailing early on my usual Tuesday social night so I can watch it with my lovely wife. (Watching it without her is only an option in extremis.)
- One week, I will end up a week behind because I’ve still got the Tuesday late night photoshoot coming up. (It keeps getting postponed due to weather.)
- The Yamato 2199 Groupwatch post will still be on Friday.
Thanks for reading, thanks for being patient!
Bonus Kumiko picture, because why not?
A quick post to wish everyone a happy New Year and to look forward over the next week or so…
- The normal weekly Wednesday post will be delayed until Saturday or Sunday for two reasons:
- I want to include the YuYu finale.
- If the weather holds, I’ll be out very late Tuesday night on a night photography shoot with the photo club. We’re planning on light painting a lighthouse up at the north end of the County.
This is an experimental light painting I did a few years back:
If you click through on the photograph there’s more about my process and tools.
- Depending on how things go, I should have a Winter 2018 anticipation post up Wednesday or Thursday
In closing a New Year’s Eve haiku I wrote a few years back:
witching hour tolls
Happy New Years!