After being out very late on Tuesday night on a club photo-shoot, I felt like crap on Wednesday and decided to delay my weekly posting to Thursday… Then on Thursday, I realized that there was only 4 finales left to cover. (Rokuhoudou, Tada-kun, My Hero Academia, and SAOA:GGO.) So, the Week 12 post will be delayed to Sunday or Monday to wrap up all the remaining finales in one post.
So, looking forward here’s what my posting schedule looks like for the next week or so.
- Later today: Summer 2018 Preview.
- Sun or Mon: Spring 2018 – Week 12.
- Late next week or early the week after: Spring 2018 Season Review.
- Starting next week: Summer 2018 First Impressions.
Wednesday of next week is a holiday, and we’re busy the next weekend (the 7th/8th) and that will likely affect the timing of my Review and First Impressions posts.
I got motivated, and most of the useful images from the photo shoot are already edited, so I’ll also have a “Recent Photography” post up soon.
Thanks for reading, see you soon with more actual content!
The things I do when I should be working on other things…
Presenting – The Apprentice Mages Lounge on Tumblr! I just set the connection up, so there’s not much there yet… But all future posts will be cross posted.
If you have a Tumblr, be sure and follow – and let me know down in the comments so I can follow you back!
Just a quick note to let folks know what the next week will look like…
- I’m still plugging away on my season review for last season (Fall 2017). It’ll be late, but by gum I’m determined to actually get one out this season. Look for it over the weekend! (He says, crossing his fingers.)
- Considering the overall schedule, it looks like Wednesday is still the best day for my weekly post. So, look for a post next week with the balance of the Winter 2018 premieres and the second episode of everything else.
- However, I don’t want to be a week behind on A place further than the Universe like I was on Konohana Kitan last season… So for the balance of this season, I’ll be bailing early on my usual Tuesday social night so I can watch it with my lovely wife. (Watching it without her is only an option in extremis.)
- One week, I will end up a week behind because I’ve still got the Tuesday late night photoshoot coming up. (It keeps getting postponed due to weather.)
- The Yamato 2199 Groupwatch post will still be on Friday.
Thanks for reading, thanks for being patient!
Bonus Kumiko picture, because why not?
A quick post to wish everyone a happy New Year and to look forward over the next week or so…
- The normal weekly Wednesday post will be delayed until Saturday or Sunday for two reasons:
- I want to include the YuYu finale.
- If the weather holds, I’ll be out very late Tuesday night on a night photography shoot with the photo club. We’re planning on light painting a lighthouse up at the north end of the County.
This is an experimental light painting I did a few years back:
If you click through on the photograph there’s more about my process and tools.
- Depending on how things go, I should have a Winter 2018 anticipation post up Wednesday or Thursday
In closing a New Year’s Eve haiku I wrote a few years back:
witching hour tolls
Happy New Years!
We interrupt our regularly scheduled weekly post to bring you breaking news!
A local blogger has hit a significant milestone! Hit the jump for more information!
Continue reading “Local blogger hits milestone!”
It’s going to happen – A groupwatch/collaboration on Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199!
It’s just Mechanical Anime Reviews and myself to start, but I hope a bunch of other bloggers and readers will join in. Hit the jump, and let’s get into the details.
Continue reading “Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 groupwatch”
Tossed this out on Twitter – thought I’d toss it out here too… Would there be any interest in some kind of a group watch / collaboration on Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199 (Star Blazers 2199)?
As a confirmed fanboy of the series, I’m up for it… Your thoughts? Let’s discuss in the comments.
Well, it’s one of those weeks again… Busy with other stuff, life happenings, and writer’s block = three strikes to presenting a post this week. (Writer’s block comes up so often here at the Lounge that I swear I’m going to give it it’s own tag or category.)
I was going to use the image of two guys bowing I usually use for such posts, but I just couldn’t sit on this screenshot any longer… Konohana Kitan is slowly growing into such a good show. I could have done without the creepy doll, but the second segment and especially it’s finale was so well done.
With that, let’s hit the jump and dig into everything going on…
Continue reading “Fall 2017 Week 5 – Sort of.”
For various reasons… (the heat, a busy week, downloading the latest version of Kerbal Space Program) I didn’t get last week’s post finished on time. Rather than push it out incomplete, I’m just going to keep plugging away and work on a double entry for this week (the 18th).
There almost certainly won’t be an entry for the following week (weekly post would normally be on the 25th) as that’s the week of the County Fair… And I’ll be working the Fair the 23rd-27th.
Other than The Reflection, I am caught up, so if you have any comments on the week feel free!
The things I do on Sunday mornings on my first cup of coffee… Sometimes, they’re even a good idea.
Presenting – my viewing and posting schedule!
Last season, I kept a draft blog entry to keep track of my watching schedule… As I was working on this season’s schedule I thought “why not make it public?”. As I was cleaning it up to make it presentable, another idea occurred to me – “why not add links?”. So I added links to the tag page for each show (including the archived list from last season, just because) and to the season category.
All that being said, it’s not that heavy a schedule this season, if only we can get caught up! We’ve watched a ton this weekend, and with only one show for me and one show for us left to catch up on, we’re nearly there. (We won’t get much done this afternoon though, we’re off to see Kiki’s Delivery Service at the theater.) Then we can get started on the remaining shows we want to check out. I’ll try and get out a post this week on the Season So Far, but my RL schedule is still a little wobbly.